17 Dec 2012

Why do I make art?

Art, meant as its primal etymological root, is the most powerful means to reach the mind of the others, for it is the example we give them through our deeds and acts.
Yet art is also the most fragile aspect of mankind, because what to do or how to behave is in the end uncertain, and that moves me.

I also like art because it gives me the chance to express myself more universally and relatively. Visual and audio are expressive means leaving the viewers more chances to abstract than speech: what you do, that is. It is a deed, an act, that can be taken as an example, not a statement or a demand.

But also because mankind always lived beside deception: today we are surrounded by artfully misleading ads, movies, music and the like, often made by artists deceived themselves. My intent is to create art free from deception, for a free mind, for free people.
Many of us are trapped into superficial minds. Our society is dominated by the lures, the false certainties and the nihilism bore by the schizophrenic chronic swaying between greed and sloth, when not stuck to addiction. There is a need for balancing, for a counterweight to restrain the bad consequences that we see everyday everywhere, to achieve an agile, motile and free mind.

Along my journey I learned that the wisest people prefer to achieve a cognition by themselves. Artworks, being indirectly given metaphoric clues, are the most discreet way to inspire people, giving them new tiles to solve their own philosophic puzzle, or to make some others simply realise that there actually is a puzzle.

Art is not the only way to do that, after all it is sufficient to have tact, but I like art, since I was a child, since the last time I was a child: well, I must say that I occasionally practise meditation and, not pretending you to believe this, I had visions of countless previous lives, I walked this planet countless times since a very long time, and, as this time I finally solved my puzzle, this life will be my last presence here, and I have hints to give. Just hints, clues, bits and crumbs, because we can share the same tiles, but not the same puzzle.